Monday, June 15, 2020

Minuet in G (Bach)

Minuet in G appeared in "Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach". When I first learned to play this piece in the 90s, I thought it was composed by J.S. Bach. However, I just learned minutes ago from Google search that the song is now attributed to Christian Petzold, and this has been the case since 1970.
I modified the second part of the song to make the whole song playable in one single key.

I hope that you will enjoy playing this, as much as I do - I find this song very soothing.

The tabs are free for non-commercial use. I would appreciate if you could acknowledge the source of the arrangement by linking your video covers to: https://yellowbirdkalimba.blogspot.com/ or http://www.youtube.com/c/TayLeeYen . Thank you :)




Number tabs and standard notation:







4 comments:

  1. I just love to hear and play classical music on my kalimba. Be here, know about your blog is a great treasure to me to learn some new tunes. May I suggest some classical pieces for you to rearrangement if possible? The Estrellita (Manuel Ponce - Jaschar Heifetz) is a beautiful melody, and Meditation from "Thais", Melodie (Gluck), Serenade (Schubert) or The Swan scene from Carnival of the animals (Saint Sản) are great, too. Could you consider the pieces to be your next arrange in near future?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you find this blog helpful, and thanks for the suggestions! I am adding them to my to-play list :) If I managed to get them done, I'll reply to this post again.

      Delete
  2. sorry for a typo mistake in the comment above. I mean The Swan from Carnival of the animals (Saint Saen)

    ReplyDelete